Why Are Pollinators Like Bees & Butterflies Important?
Pollinators like bees, butterflies, moths, beetles, flies, wasps, hummingbirds, bats and much more, are essential for the survival of our planet. They play a critical role in the ecosystem by pollinating plants. Which helps plants grow and reproduce more and better quality offspring (our fruits and vegetables), along with maintaining biodiversity.
Unfortunately, many species of pollinators are facing extinction due to human activities such as habitat destruction and pesticide use. It is important that we take action now to save these vital creatures before it’s too late.
Below is a list of things we all can do get involved to help save them but here at the Global Warrior Project, we make Spirit Bombs, native Milkweed wildflower seed bombs that are an abundant source of nectar for pollinators and the sole habitat for Monarch butterfly caterpillars. Basically the easiest way the everyday person can get involved and help support vital endangered pollinators.
Losing this vital link in our ecosystems
The loss of pollinators would have devastating consequences on the environment and economy. Pollination is responsible for one-third of all food production in the world, so if they disappear then our food sources will be drastically reduced.
This could lead to famine, poverty, and irreversible damages to the planet. Additionally, pollinator decline has been linked with decreased crop yields which has an economic impact on farmers who rely on their crops for income. Fortunately, there are several things that can be done to help save pollinators from extinction:
1) Planting native flowers or Spirit Bombs to provide a source of nectar while also providing habitats that they need;
2) Reducing or eliminating pesticides from gardens;
3) Creating ‘pollinator corridors’ between suitable areas where they can travel without interruption;
4) Protecting existing natural habitats from destruction;
5) Educating people about why we should protect these important organisms.
6) Support the people and organizations who are speaking the truth and fighting to make the changes you want to see in the world
7) Get others involved! Churches, schools, social media groups, anyone and everyone!
8) Share this blog on your social sites! Let's wake up & shake up the world!